I met with our realtor last week…sigh, not looking good with the way the market is these days. Jamie and I’s plans were to at least move somewhere from Chicago, either Indianapolis or Nashville…another debate in itself.
However with the market the way it is, it pretty much makes the decision for us. The realtor laid out best case scenario’s if we wanted to sell right now. Estimated 4-6 months on the market and with the estimated highest amount I could get on a sale, I would still have to bring $3,500 to the closing table just to sell the house. Worst case numbers were $7,000. It’s not happening.
So, the new plan is to camp out in Schaumburg for a while longer, probably at least a year or two. Then in that time Jamie and I will probably be ready for starting a family and probably looking to move to Indianapolis to be closer to her family for her support. Hopefully by then it’s a better home market!
I tell you what, I’m definitely happy to at least make a decision. For almost the past year I’ve felt like Jamie and I really didn’t call where we live right now home and just feeling in limbo. I know it hasn’t been the best for Jamie as she kinda moved into my already decorated or lack thereof house. We haven’t really done anything to change the decor of the house for the past 6 months cause we’ve been anticipating this place only being temporary. With simply not being able to afford selling the house and it ultimately loosing us money, the decision is pretty much already made for us.
Schaumburg it is! Home, sweet home!Find this useful? Take just a moment and give a $1. Thanks!